Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster Evaluation from a cap perspective
(11-17-2019, 04:45 PM)samhain Wrote: How do you want to get better players, Fred?  You defend the free agency approach and the non-acquisition of draft picks at the trade deadline. .  

I have NEVER defended their free agency approach.  Are you high?

As for "non-acqisition of draft picks" we have no idea what drfta picks we could have gotten.  All I have said is that if we have players good enough to be worth a decent draft pick then we are just creating another hole by trading them away.

It cracks me up when people whine about how all our players suck but at the same time whine about why we don't trade them all for high draft picks.

I'd be fine with us trading the #1 overall pick for a bundle of picks, but ALL draft picks are a little like lottery tickets.  So when you do actually get some talented players it is better to hold on to them instead of creating new holes then gambling on draft picks to fill them.

(11-17-2019, 04:45 PM)samhain Wrote:   You want to keep Turner and Taylor.  You've said as much.  You want to get on the table for Louie, too?  

Yes.  When I keep saying we need to get a new DC that is me "getting on the table for Louie, too".

Again, are you high?

I am not really thrilled about keeping Turner and taylor, but if we start firing coaches without giving them any decent talent then we NEVER get any decent coaches to work for them.

(11-17-2019, 04:45 PM)samhain Wrote:  Are you saying that this roster is close to adequate with a new staff?   

No.  I have repeatedly said that our O-line is a horror show. 

I think you must have ne confused with someone else.

(11-17-2019, 04:45 PM)samhain Wrote:  There's nobody on this roster that's indispensable.  The staff, either.  

Okay then.  Now we are back to my original question.  How long does it take to rebuild an entire 53 man roster?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roster Evaluation from a cap perspective - fredtoast - 11-17-2019, 05:01 PM