Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster Evaluation from a cap perspective
(11-17-2019, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have NEVER defended their free agency approach.  Are you high?

As for "non-acqisition of draft picks" we have no idea what drfta picks we could have gotten.  All I have said is that if we have players good enough to be worth a decent draft pick then we are just creating another hole by trading them away.

It cracks me up when people whine about how all our players suck but at the same time whine about why we don't trade them all for high draft picks.

I'd be fine with us trading the #1 overall pick for a bundle of picks, but ALL draft picks are a little like lottery tickets.  So when you do actually get some talented players it is better to hold on to them instead of creating new holes then gambling on draft picks to fill them.

Yes.  When I keep saying we need to get a new DC that is me "getting on the table for Louie, too".

Again, are you high?

I am not really thrilled about keeping Turner and taylor, but if we start firing coaches without giving them any decent talent then we NEVER get any decent coaches to work for them.

No.  I have repeatedly said that our O-line is a horror show. 

I think you must have ne confused with someone else.

Okay then.  Now we are back to my original question.  How long does it take to rebuild an entire 53 man roster?

This team acquires talent through the draft.  that's it with the one exception you love to trumpet about trading for Cordy Glenn that happened one time in a half decade.  If they don't have a multitude of high picks, then they don't get better players.

The player we have that may be enticing to other teams would provide help to already solid rosters.  Here they get us 0-9.  Why stick with solid over 30 players that won't be here when the roster finally becomes viable through the draft and organic player development?  What does that get us?  Some guys that are already in decline that will be shells of their prime selves in 3 or 4 seasons when the blind squirrel finally finds a nut in a draft or 2?

You'll get a coach if you want one bad enough and let them have control.  Saying that firing after a season would prevent that is a total figment of your imagination.  There are 32 NFL head coaching jobs on the planet.  Somebody that's not a HC will always want back in the game for the right arrangement.  Did Arizona go without a HC this year?  

As for draft picks being "lottery tickets", you know what''s not a lottery ticket?  A demonstrably awful roster full of players that have contributed to abject failure over the fairly large sample size of 2 seasons.  We know they suck as a group.  We've seen them suck for a long time now.  How much longer do they have to show us that they aren't good enough before it's okay to let a few players go?  A lottery ticket beats an aging player that's unable to help a failing roster and makes at or over 10 mil per season.  Let them help on a team where they aren't needed to do everything.

How long to build a roster?  Maybe 3-5 years?  7-10 with this management?  It's irrelevant if they continue to ignore the fact that they need to replace these once good players with new, younger ones or compliment them with legit outside free agents?

Either way, it still would take less time than it would to build a time machine and go back to the year 2015, which was the last year that this core of players was enough to win them anything.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roster Evaluation from a cap perspective - samhain - 11-17-2019, 05:57 PM