Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Root For 0-16 for Bengals
(11-20-2019, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the steelers offense plays like it did vs the browns and our Defense like it did vs the raiders we might be able to take this one

Right, and it would be GREAT to see Bengals SPOILER of Steelers play-off hopes.  Well, a combo of Browns last week and Bengals this week. 

As for wanting that 1st pick, as I say, if they are going to draft QB Burrow first pick, I don't want 1st pick.  Boomer Esiason and Burrow Bags on heads and I can see where this team is leaning on 1st pick.  I still say they need to fix the O Line and the Defense first and QB is not our worst position. In the Top 5 on most boards there is the Ohio State edge rusher in D, and the left tackle from SEC on offense.  Bengals have not drafted a top pick LB in forever, and in #2, I would like to see them grab that Alabama LB.  

So I don't want pick #1 because to me drafting a QB when you have all these weaknesses on O Line and Defense is the wrong way to rebuild this team.  

Mostly it would be nice to see the new coach and the team start to turn things around this season.  See some players step up this season.  I like them going back to the run, and I felt the rookie coach was way too pass happy as a virgin coach. I think he see's now that you have to also run the ball.  Mixon wasn't getting any carries and now he is.  Also pass blocking takes more talent than run blocking.  Just have these Moon Pies line up and fire off on the run blocks more.   This O Line lacks talent, but it has as many Moon Pie butts as any team.  Fast feet in pass blocking NO, but they can put a body on somebody run blocking. 

Again, last place Bengals playing SPOILER to Steelers play-off hopes would be PAY BACK for all the times Steelers SPOILED our play-off hopes since 1970 merger. ....but don't stop there. Then beat Jets, Browns, Dolphins.....Lets see some players show they belong on this team next year....let some other team take Burrow, we have weaker positions than QB, we need major Defense and O line help.  Do Not Burrow For Burrow. BEAT STEELERS. 

Then I'll add, they did play hard last week. With Tate on the ground and put in 911 ambulance, well, if I did have on a paper bag, I would have taken it off. That's just me, but as Tate taken off the field, that paper bag comes off.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I Can't Root For 0-16 for Bengals - kevin - 11-18-2019, 05:48 AM
RE: I Can't Root For 0-16 for Bengals - kevin - 11-20-2019, 09:02 PM