Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-20-2019, 04:28 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Those fighting subpoenas have nothing to do with Trump preventing them from testifying. They are fighting because they don't want to testifying - not because Trump won't let them.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I'm sorry, but this is just absurd.

Mulvaney said he would obey Trump's order not to testify. Hey that is true!
Also that guy Eisenberg, the lawyer Bolton sent everyone to. He is more or less forbidden to appear. There is a qoute for that. “Even if Mr. Eisenberg had been afforded a reasonable amount of time to prepare, the President has instructed Mr. Eisenberg not to appear at the deposition,” Burck wrote." link

In the same article, one can find "Another witness sought by the House, former NSC official Charles Kupperman, filed a lawsuit last month asking a federal court to decide whether he should testify under subpoena or obey directives from the executive branch saying he is immune from compelled testimony." That is I believe the lawsuit that also keeps Bolton away.

Those who appeared were brave enough to ignore Trump's directive and follow the Congress' subpoena - which is not natural. Or whatever Sondland's rational was. Trump tried to block Sondland too. It's reported widely.

"not becaue Trump won't let them"... I mean, honestly. Even if there weren't such examples, it would be obvious that it's Trump standing in the way of witnesses appearing. They have (or would get if it made sense) their congressional subpoenas, they would have to obey without question - their own "not wanting" would play zero role without the Trump directive not to appear behind it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - hollodero - 11-21-2019, 09:17 PM