Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have to take Chase Young
(11-24-2019, 09:21 AM)Fullrock Wrote: You aren't really comparing Weaver to Young, are you?? Young is 2 inches taller (6'5), faster, quicker off the ball,  has more hip flexibility and bend around the edge AND has put up his numbers against far superior talent than Weaver has. Weaver may end up being a decent pass rusher in the NFL, but he's nowhere near the level of Chase Young. And no, I'm not a Buckeye homer either.  

Good catch on the height difference, I had not realized that Young had that much more frame to grow into.  Like I've stated previously, I really like Chase Young's game, and the energy he brings.  I've been asked what it is about him that I don't like, for my reasoning of not wanting the Bengals to take him with the top pick.  There's nothing about his game that I don't like, I'd love to see him on my favorite team.  However, I just feel like when your team is so bad that they're picking at the top of the draft, you need to select the player who's going to make the greatest impact on improving your franchise.  In the NFL, it's the QB.

Again, I'm not discounting Chase Young, when I point to Curtis Weaver.  I've watched Weaver play enough to know that he's also likely going to do well in the NFL.  He's a 3rd year starter, been impressive since day 1, and has shown steady improvement every season.  He's got 34 sacks, to go along with 120 tackles, 6 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles and an INT.  I don't have any numbers for QB hurries, but I can assure you that he get's plenty of them.  His team is 10-1 this season, and he's every bit as vital to his team's success as Chase Young is to the Buckeyes.  You say that he's playing against inferior competition, and there may be some truth to that.  Two years ago, this same BSU defense produced Leighton Vander Esch, and some eyebrows were raised when the Cowboys took him in the middle of the 1st, overlooking LBs from "big name" schools. 

If the Bengals go QB at the top of the draft, like they should, then Curtis Weaver would certainly be worth taking at the top of the 2nd, or even moving back into the back half of the 1st for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - CJD - 11-23-2019, 06:25 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - SunsetBengal - 11-24-2019, 11:37 AM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - CJD - 11-23-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - J24 - 11-23-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - J24 - 11-23-2019, 09:10 PM