Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-28-2015, 08:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Don't know what's going on in Russia, but considering the numbers, they are all over the place, which going back to my criteria, I was probably correct in stating that numbers from that country would be messed up. Nice try to use their abnormal numbers as a means to dispute everything up to this point.

If you want to keep you heads buried in the sand about it, then that's fine. That's on you. I don't want that, I want it to stop spreading.

Currently the number one means of HIV/AIDS spreading is via MSM. I guess all of you just want to sit back and wait for it to become number 2 (the general population becomes infected) and then you can say see it's working.

I don't need to use their numbers to dispute your claims. There are a number of other countries out there as well as any number of other variables. You're right, we can play this game all day long. But in the end the result is the same, there are too many variables to do a country to country comparison that has any validity based on the information available. Unfortunately for you, without the country to country comparison the only thing available to see is that the prevalence rates remained steady, showing little to no impact of SSM on the rate. You said I was ignoring things but I'm not ignoring anything. I just recognize the fallacious reasoning you are using to come to your conclusions.

I'd like it to stop spreading, but nothing you have presented here has shown there is a correlation to allowing SSM and a rise in the prevalence of HIV infections and so there is no logical step to make to preventing it due to that.

I am curious about that last part, though. How does the general population become infected? Are you expecting more bisexual activity with SSM becoming a thing? How does it make that leap?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - Belsnickel - 05-28-2015, 08:57 PM