Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation that Dolegala should get a chance to start.
(11-25-2019, 12:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's the part where you're (theoretically) wrong. Getting Burrow doesn't mean they don't get anything else. At the very least, they get a shot at a guy like Solomon Kindley in the 2nd round. If they trade a couple guys, they're in better position to get a couple more guys in 1 and/or 2. 

They have Williams, Glenn and Hopkins plus whoever they pick up in the draft or possibly free agency. The line, which actually isn't getting anyone pummeled right now, will not be the same next year. 

It is the Bengals, so they will **** something up somehow, but as i said, it's not Joe Burrow and nothing else and we have the exact same shit show next year. 

Teams don't wait to get a top 5 QB. When they're drafting there, if a QB is there, they take him and build around him. 

As average as Andy Dalton was/is, he's in his 10th year. You draft a guy to be your leader for 15 years. Chase Young will be lucky to have a productive 10 years in the NFL and he will NEVER have the type of impact a top 5 QB would have on a team. 

Here's the thing though... Who are the top 5 QBs in the league right now?

Russell Wilson - 4th round
Aaron Rodgers - late first
Deshaun Watson - mid first
Drew Brees - 2nd round
Mahomes - mid first

We can debate the names, and who's who, but the common thread here is that none of them are the top overall pick. That's because the teams picking first are such shit shows like we are that they almost doom whoever they draft to be disappointing. A foundation has to be laid first, and we have none.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speculation that Dolegala should get a chance to start. - jason - 11-25-2019, 01:03 AM