Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation that Dolegala should get a chance to start.
(11-25-2019, 01:03 AM)jason Wrote: Here's the thing though... Who are the top 5 QBs in the league right now?

Russell Wilson - 4th round
Aaron Rodgers - late first
Deshaun Watson -  mid first
Drew Brees - 2nd round
Mahomes - mid first

We can debate the names, and who's who, but the common thread here is that none of them are the top overall pick. That's because the teams picking first are such shit shows like we are that they almost doom whoever they draft to be disappointing. A foundation has to be laid first, and we have none.

But a foundation doesn't need to be laid first. True, none of those guys were #1OA. But that's where the Bengals are going to be sitting and Burrow is the consensus top QB coming out, with Tua's injury. 

They have to draft where they're slotted. Whether a guy is Manning, Luck or Burrow, he's the top guy right now and whether he's, say, the 5th best player on an average big board, it's the situation they're in and they'd be stupid to pass on it. 

I'm going to throw a thought out, just because it's been in my head. Using a real world application, the last 2 games were close, scoring wise, with how crappy Finley played. Does anyone really think that Burrow--the top QB prospect and #1OA due to position importance--couldn't have played better than a 4th round pick like Finley and won the last 2 games?

"You can't throw a rookie QB behind this line and think he will win"...  I call BS. A guy with his talent and where he is projected to go, would have played better (with a full training camp and in the middle of the season) than Finley did today. 

I don't see how this is even a debate. At 0-11 and as shitty as shit can be, as the Bengals have been, six of their games this year have been decided by 7 pts or less. You can't convince me that a #1OA rated QB couldn't have played better than a 2nd round, 4th or 5th best QB in his class or a 4th round draft pick, has played and actually won some of those games, with this shit show of a team. 

Real world. Real talk. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speculation that Dolegala should get a chance to start. - rfaulk34 - 11-25-2019, 01:20 AM