Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What About a “Bridge” Quarterback in 2020?
(11-25-2019, 09:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: After watching the 49ers bytch-slap the Packers yesterday, I keep coming back to what they have done in recent drafts with their early picks:

In descending order:  

DE
OT
DE
DE, G (they had two)

And they got there QB in FA.  Why shouldn't the Bengals go with a proven starter like Newton who might need a change of scenery and draft Young with #1 overall?  I think that has a much higher success potential than sticking with our lousy defense and putting a young QB without crazy mobility behind that line.

That might be like 2009, build the defense, rely on the run, and hope your QB (Cam in this case) can bounce back from year-long physical issues.  Still, I doubt we do this because if the plan was to build around a vet ZT wouldn't have benched Dalton.

Moving on from a healthy Dalton to build around a banged-up Newton could be a risky prospect, particularly if Newton isn't big on signing a prove it deal for a HC who might just bench him in order to see what we have in Finley, again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What About a “Bridge” Quarterback in 2020? - Nately120 - 11-25-2019, 10:48 AM