Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How legit is this strategy?
(11-25-2019, 07:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am trying to analyze your post from a realistic perspective.  I think Dalton will be traded for a 2nd round pick.  Green will sign a 4 year contract extension for 15-17 mil per.  Dunlap and Atkins will not be traded.  Glenn most likely will be traded for a 4-5th rounder.  I do not think the FO is happy with Glenn at all.  

With that said; Bengals will draft Burrow.  All of the QB have questions.  Burrow may have performed beyond expectations for only a year but one cannot deny his success against the best college competition.  Burrow passes the eye test and has intangibles of leadership and moxy.  Burrow reminds me some of Esiason.  

I think Young is the closest thing to a sure thing outside of Andrew Thomas.  Young makes sense at a position of need.  A local kid.  If Bengals were going to make a statement, they could shock people and pick Young.  To do so would mean someone would have to kidnap Mike Brown and place him in restraints in some remote area until after the draft.  

If the Bengals drafted a later QB, I think Eason has the best arm and potential but is unpolished.  He will need time to develop.  Hurts fits the new wave of QB but I fear he is a system QB.  So I would go Eason round two.

One possibility and this is a long shot, the Bengals may draft Anthony Gordon in later rounds.  He scrambles and can make decent throws.  He doesn't have the cannon of an arm but keeps plays alive.  It would be risky for them to take Gordon because another late round QB would cause controversy between Finley and Gordon.  

Scenario 1:
1-Young
2-Eason
3-Kindley
4-Niang
5-Errol Thompson

Scenario 2:
1-Burrow
2-Gross-Matos or Weaver
3-Kindley
4-Dye
5-Josh Jones or Cosmi

It comes down for me Young Vs. Burrow.  I think the Finley experiement has shown that the Bengals really need a sure thing at QB.  Burrow is as closest to a sure thing at the QB position given Tua injury.  Burrow will need some help at WR and at least two OL prospects in the draft.  

As bad as they are at backers, I could see some later round backers that can be very good.  I also think it is realistic for the Bengals to sign Littelton next off season.

Knowing how the Bengals operate and how Mike Brown likes players to fulfill their contracts. With Dalton coming back, don't be surprised to see him behind center next year and Glenn somewhere on the line as well, regardless of his outburst this year. 

We all keep thinking of things they could do but you just know they're not going to do any of it. Dalton again next year, Glenn still on the team. I'd settle for Young #1, Oline or LB #2 and Gordon #3. I'm about to give up all this because it's just going to end up in disappointment like it always does...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How legit is this strategy? - rfaulk34 - 11-24-2019, 11:00 PM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - Au165 - 11-25-2019, 09:12 AM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - rfaulk34 - 11-25-2019, 03:32 PM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - Au165 - 11-25-2019, 04:01 PM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - rfaulk34 - 11-25-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - rfaulk34 - 11-25-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - Big Boss - 11-25-2019, 08:47 PM