Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What About a “Bridge” Quarterback in 2020?
(11-25-2019, 03:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The 49ers weren't in the same position we are. The closest they came to the #1 overall pick (before getting Jimmy G) was 2017, when they picked 3rd overall. The consensus top QB prospect was Mitch Trubisky, and he was off the board when the 49ers took Solomon Thomas. That's probably why the 49ers traded for Jimmy later that year. I'm guessing that if Trubisky were available to them, he'd be a 49er.

I don't think coach is a big deal. I think money is the problem. Our FO isn't willing to overpay at all, and sometimes you need to overpay a bit to get a good free agent's attention. They're certainly not coming here for the prestige of being a Bengal.

The o-line can be fixed in one off-season if we're serious about it. Jonah will be back. Throw in a couple of good signings and we'd be golden.

Watson was still on the board....I think they wanted to build their team through the draft and get a more proven commodity that had at least done it for a few games at the NFL level.  It must be nice to have an offensive coach that can say to himself:  He can make the throws I need him to make, and I know he will fit my system.  Our system sucks.  

I don't think it is money as much as where they spend it.  They will pay their players a nice second contract if they earn it.  The problem has been so many recent whiffs on the draft.  If you are only going to focus on building through the draft, you better be damn good at it.  They were for some time, and then they had a few really bad years (including last year).  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What About a “Bridge” Quarterback in 2020? - SHRacerX - 11-26-2019, 08:21 AM