Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have to take Chase Young
I''m a big believer in the best player available strategy. With the number one overall pick it is ideal to get one of the following: an elite QB, an elite LT, or an elite edge rusher. Gotta go with the elite edge rusher here if he is the best player on the board. Picking a QB here could be good, could be bad. I'd take the sure thing at an elite position group. If we can get in the opponents backfield at will next year it will push our defense over the top. Combine that with an elite Free Agent Linebacker and we are looking pretty good (at this point we are so bad at drafting linebackers FA seems like it could be our best option).

The 49ers turned their team around remarkably in only a few years. How did they do it? Drafting ellite players along the defensive and offensive lines. With the top draft pick, I think that is the safest, surest way to improve the team. Look at another team: the Browns. How often have they swung and missed on top draft picks at the QB position. Swing and miss on a QB and you absolutely waste that high draft pick. Again, I'd rather take the sure thing, unless a QB comes along that is without a doubt a generational talent. Dalton can do what Garappolo is doing for the 9ers.

Another thing to think about. If we do draft a QB high, who will block for him? Aaron Rodgers couldn't make this offensive line work.

That being said, if we do win a couple games and mess up our top pick, Left tackle would come into play if we picked around pick 4 or 5. I'd be excited to solidify our pass rush into the future with the top pick though. Get a solid guard or linebacker in round 2. Then next year if we pick high again maybe we can grab an elite offensive lineman.

Another thing to consider: of the elite QBs in the league right now, how many were top 10 picks? Mahomes was pick 9. Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson were end of the 1st round. I forget where Brees was drafted. Brady in the mid rounds. Etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - CJD - 11-23-2019, 06:25 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - CJD - 11-23-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - J24 - 11-23-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - J24 - 11-23-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - Bengalstripes9 - 11-26-2019, 03:47 PM