Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What About a “Bridge” Quarterback in 2020?
(11-26-2019, 08:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Building a team before getting a franchise QB is just as hard as building around one if not more difficult. 

Look at the Bears now. They have alot of great prices but are being held back by subpar QB play because that is the most important position. Right now they are good enough to win enough games to keep them out of Franchise QB quality in the draft without mortgaging their future over which they will lose quality players because they aren't a winning team.

Also comparing Johnny Manziel to Joe Burrow leads me to believe you haven't seen him play yet because they have alot different styles.

Good example with the Bears...and it ALSO proves my point.  The Bears are believed to have a championship roster (especially the defense) but are being held back in the eyes of many by their QB. If, in fact, Mr Biscuit doesn't suddenly have a huge improvement in his play, they will be looking for another answer.  Those potential answers could include Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Jameis Winston, or a draft pick.  Their window doesn't close if they go out and get a new QB.  

Manziel and Burrow do have different styles, but both put up outstanding numbers in the SEC, and that is where the comparison lies.  And, honestly, the defenses in the SEC seem down a bit this year.  I want to see how Burrow fares against OSU. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What About a “Bridge” Quarterback in 2020? - SHRacerX - 11-27-2019, 09:29 AM