Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Cat Bounce in full effect
(12-02-2019, 12:49 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Trust me, I know Burrow.  I just don't put the faith in him that you do.  It isn't just the 1 year wonder, but also the fact that LSU and Alabama have typically produced squat at the QB position.  Using buzzwords like "he's a competitor" is not something to claim about the guy, simply because Dalton is also a competitor, I would be willing to bet every QB in the league can be classified as a competitor, not all of them win though.

What you want is a winner.  Burrow definitely looks the part of being a winner, but so does a plethora of QBs in the draft.  Burrow doesn't strike me as any more special than Eason or Tua or Fromm.  Hell coming out of college Dalton looked like a winner for TCU.

It sounds like you want a media darling at QB.  Someone that the pundits will salivate over like Mahomes, Mayfield, Ryan and Rivers so that no matter how bad he plays, the media won't trash him like they do with QBs they never did like or was meh about.

Ryan is a perfect example of this.  I don't think one person has ever called for Matt Ryan to be benched or to claim that he is the reason for Atlanta's woes, even with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley and at one point Sanu.  Just never hear of anyone trashing him in the media. 

Burrow would be the media darling and if he struggles the media won't admit that they were wrong about him, only that the Bengals coaching staff is inept, the OLine is terrible and he has no running game.  Either that or they will focus on the porous defense.

As I have said a solid OLine makes everyone better.  Gives you the best chance to win games, either low scoring or shoot outs.  An OLine with Williams and Thomas as the bookends looks very appealing to me.  I admit that there is a risk in selecting OLine considering our past history, but Georgia and Alabama have produced better OLine players than Oregon and Texas A&M, so I would be a least a bit more confident that Williams and Thomas would be a great pairing for the OLine.  I would also take a Georgia and Bama tackle over a Michigan State guy like Conklin.

The thing is - they could have Burrow and upgrade the line (via the draft AND free agency) if they chose to. It doesn't really have to be, and shouldn't be, an either/or proposition. That's the frustrating part. They'll most likely have the one of the top 2 picks, and plenty of cap...so there's no reason both things couldn't get accomplished. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 12:06 AM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-04-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - Edge - 12-01-2019, 08:32 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - Edge - 12-01-2019, 08:52 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 10:50 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - Bengalholic - 12-02-2019, 01:06 AM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 08:29 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 09:03 PM