Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Least We Showed Some Life!
For quite some time I felt like they were tanking intentionally for the pick and there may be some element of truth there especially after being winless after 8 or 9, but I suppose there just had to be a point at which nobody really wanted to be winless all season. Say what you want about nobody really wanting to tank, but a team with a lot of solid players, but missing one or two pieces that leaves the team with no wins there definitely is an incentive to get the best college players you can. After all, college players ARE the future for every NFL team regardless. I can't imagine there are any teams who lose most of their games who would want the last pick of the draft or to pick 32nd in the first round. Even the team that wins it all wouldn't want to pick last if they could avoid it.
Now, moving forward we know the O-line MUST be fixed. With the current line I don't see how any rookie QB is going to find it easy to win here. Imagine they do get Burrow.. How long would that kid last behind this line? I can envision him being injured early and often. Heck, I'm really surprised Findley wasn't hurt badly in his short time. But suppose they DO get both Burrow and Young.. That does nothing for the O-line nor for the LBers..
At any rate I'm glad they got the win, Andy got the records and even more important nobody on the team seems to have just given up to just collect their paychecks..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
At Least We Showed Some Life! - BFritz21 - 12-01-2019, 10:58 PM
RE: At Least We Showed Some Life! - jason - 12-02-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: At Least We Showed Some Life! - grampahol - 12-02-2019, 06:34 AM