Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(12-02-2019, 01:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is there accountability placed upon public figures?  I just don't see that.  Politics especially people let their perceptions override the facts, but that's just human nature and I'm sure I do it too.

There is little of the usual accountability placed upon Trump.

But there certainly is accountability for others. Sometimes according to normal/traditional standards, or in some cases according to the Trump base's standards.

Examples of the former, "normal" accountability would range from the Clinton Impeachment to the recent midterms, which gave the House to the Dems. We can also see it in polls showing the rise and fall of support for Dem candidates according to their positions.

Examples of the latter would be Trump supporters holding senators and Congressmen to account should they in any way disagree with Trump or contest his articulated policies, such as the are. 

Normal accountability is definitely still there for Democrats. A Dem candidate who made light of rape victims would be immediately out of the running, as would one who backed Russia over the Ukraine.

Normal accountability is not there for Trump voters though, who demand a different kind of accountability, one indifferent to norms of decency, not to mention democratic requirements such as a free pres and rule of law. They are systematically separating Trump from forms of accountability based upon constitutional government of checks and balances, all the way claiming it was "no different" for other presidents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - Dill - 12-02-2019, 03:08 PM