Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(12-02-2019, 03:16 PM)hollodero Wrote: That seems pretty much on point.

I still prefer the term "Trump tolerators" though, or maybe "neverdems". I guess many would have preferred any other GOP candidate, but the masses decided otherwise. Still, there is a conservative future to shape, especially through judges apparently. And regarding your strict duality on all political matters, one still needs to stick to the own team and vilify the other side. Singling out AOC and calling her the party's real face - and proof it's unelectable because of some folks like her that are "too left" -  is a tactic to do that, and I'd guess it's more self-affirmation than anything.

But sure, five years ago I would have laughed at anyone who had suggested a Trump could become a president with considerable support. I would have said, no way, 95% of Americans would condemn behaviour like that, Americans are too big patriots to tolerate that constant defilement of the country and the WH. Now I see this as a result of me being used to having multiple alternative options. There are none. One can claim to go libertarian or McMullin or whatever in "protest", but in the end of the "real world" it boils down to something like Trump or AOC, and then Trump is not all that awful, cannot be. E.g. he is still well-behaved enough to pick a name from a list handed to him for the SC instead of appointing Ivanka or Judge Jeanine.

In conclusion, again never change a letter in any of your traditional democratic mechanisms that are all untouchable bedrocks of the system. It got you in a really good place.

I'll tell you right now, giving a must choose between Sanders/Warren and Trump I'd vote for Trump.  Thankfully I can vote for a third party candidate and not have to do either as neither choice appeals to me at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-02-2019, 03:25 PM