Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(12-02-2019, 03:40 PM)hollodero Wrote: Nah, I get that. Though you seem to resemble some of the things I described, you are actually not quite the type of person I had in mind. The reason being that you are aware of what Trump is, you just possibly and genuinely still see it as less dramatic as I do. (And see the Dems as more dramatically left as I do.) And then it sure makes sense to prefer Trump policies to Warren policies, that even I consider a bit extreme and a bad fit for the US at times.

Your dilemma rather describes my grievances with the political system in the US. I don't know how I'd think in your shoes. But there's a thought I'd consider rational which would tell me I have to actively vote against Trump and hence the GOP this one time (third party won't do the trick), so Trump goes away and makes room for a better conservative party instead of the embarrassment it is now. Which only can happen if he loses big. But that's just a thought not based on any reality I face. (For if my leftist partys fails me, I just vote for another leftist party :) or center if I must)

I need look no further than the complete crapstorm that has become California to see the end result of blindly following the current trend in the Democratic party.  I can honestly say that I would have never thought I'd ever be in a position to prefer the GOP stance overall (blemishes acknowledged) than that of the Dems.  I know Bel and others have commented on my exposure to Democratic policies being highly colored by the extremes they go to in CA.  This is definitely true.  I think it's equally true that the trend among the Dems overall is to emulate the CA example.  It will be very interesting to see what happens in VA as Bel once promised that CA style gun control being pushed on VA, which is in the works, will turn the state "redder than a cardinal".

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-02-2019, 03:50 PM