Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(12-02-2019, 03:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I need look no further than the complete crapstorm that has become California to see the end result of blindly following the current trend in the Democratic party.  I can honestly say that I would have never thought I'd ever be in a position to prefer the GOP stance overall (blemishes acknowledged) than that of the Dems.  I know Bel and others have commented on my exposure to Democratic policies being highly colored by the extremes they go to in CA.  This is definitely true.  I think it's equally true that the trend among the Dems overall is to emulate the CA example.  It will be very interesting to see what happens in VA as Bel once promised that CA style gun control being pushed on VA, which is in the works, will turn the state "redder than a cardinal".

Yeah that might all be true (it is a bit above my level of insight) and I would also get why you vote against Dems in any other election from now on again.

But this next presidential one, I'd argue, is about something much more important than all of this. A single issue vote for or against Trump and, for that's what it boils down to, also all that Trump stands for, beyond policy issues. A one-time vote for Democrats will not radically change the country, but a vote for Trump very well could.
This guy is, amongst many other things, an authoritarian, and the only reason that did not yet manifest itself were people constantly falling in his arm. Those people are not there forever, and a republic is not fail-proof beyond its electorate and its responsibility to vote against authoritarians as long as they have the chance. I'd be too scared to put policy issues above that fear. But sure that's just me.

Disclaimer, by this words I don't intend to tell you that you're wrong, I just share my thoughts on that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - hollodero - 12-02-2019, 04:47 PM