Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(12-02-2019, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can assume the Pumpkin analogy is steeped in Austrian tradition, because you've lost me on it.

Oh that's too bad. Just imagine this board (or me) being some kind of pumpkin evaluation committee, judging the two pumpkins that are your two parties. And having some folks advocating for the clearly more rotten one - albeit absent other persuasive alternatives mostly by claiming both pumpkins are clearly imperfect and so, it's clearly a tie. Also the judges are biased.

(12-02-2019, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me just ask you a simple question: Do you think there are those in this very forum that may obsess too much on Trump's words and actions? 

Yes, there are.
File it under "admitted facts that do not prove anything". I mean, what gives? That doesn't make Trump any less of a Trump.
Also, there are also those that obsess too much over AOC or Maxine Waters. Also proving nothing.

(12-02-2019, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Schiff went off the rails with his "interpretation" of the Trump conversation and his desire to hear only the witnesses he wanted.

Well, he's a prosecutor of sorts here. But republicans could call in witnesses also. And they did. I guess three of those guys in the hearings were asked for by republicans. That they did not quite help their case it not Schiff's fault.
When the GOP wanted Hunter Biden or Glenn Simpson or any other witness totally irrelevant to the case, then of course they couldn't just get them though and turn the whole hearings into a travesty. You can hardly blame Schiff for that.

Regarding the "interpretation", I don't know what is referred here, I heard Trump say the same thing though. I listened to Schiff during the hearings. No interpretation of his seemed to be outlandish, not backed up by evidence or witness statements or following a clear train of logic. He made a good case to me. If there is a real fallacy in his case, tell me.
Also, and I feel I need to stress that, Trump or many of his surroundings were quite welcome to appear also. They just respectlessly declined.

(12-02-2019, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fortunately the last part will not be an option if it goes to the judiciary and it shouldn't have been during the House hearing.  

Well, that's on Trump. He was asked to appear and declined, also he forbids a bunch of other people to appear. When you do so, it's hard to complain that you don't get heard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - hollodero - 12-02-2019, 06:27 PM