Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(12-04-2019, 07:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This kind of veiled insult and allusion to the beliefs of others on this board is far worse then the petty insults that get people banned around here.  You think you're being clever, but it's transparent as hell.  I'm sure your response would be something along the lines of  , "why would you assume I'm talking about you", which is par for the course for your tactic.  This place is fast becoming not worth the time of anyone who doesn't fit neatly into your ideology.

Restating publicly affirmed beliefs of millions of Americans to make a point about different conceptions of the common good can hardly be "veiled insult and allusion," and is certainly not "far worse than the petty insults that get people banned around here."   (Jeezus, hyperbole alert.)

E.g., why would saying that someone who supports Trump's Wall DOES support Trump's wall be "far worse" than calling someone who is NOT an ISIS supporter an ISIS supporter?  Why should someone who has publicly supported Trump's Muslim ban consider it an "insult," veiled or not, if someone else points out there are people, somewhere, who support Trump's Muslim ban?  

You have claimed Dems want "essentially" open borders and said unsavory things about Muslims, for sure, but I don't recall you specifically defending Trump's wall or supporting his Muslim ban. So I don't expect people to make the secret, veiled, but "clever" connection to you.  Perhaps you have defended these somewhere. If so, I'd appreciate the clarification. 

You appear to imply that personal insults and constant hyperbole about "far left extremists" are ok, but defenses of my "ideology" make list discourse a waste of time? That just sounds like someone does not like his own ideology challenged. 

Finally--you've offered a lot of off-the-mark drama here in the form logically inconsistent claims, and no good reason why I should not have responded to Fred's point that "our government is designed to protect citizens" by pointing out that, while everyone agrees with that, differing conceptions of the common good (of "protection") drive them to very different priorities and in very different policy directions. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - Dill - 12-04-2019, 09:17 PM