Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No talk of IR for AJ. Zac still confident he'll play this year.
(12-04-2019, 10:31 PM)jason Wrote: There's not a player with a brain in this league that would come back to a 1-11 team with no contract past this season... And that's supposing that he's actually all the way healed. I just heard Lap say the other day that he's actually seen the swelling in his ankle. Ocho was beatin' the drum when the injury happened that it was the same injury Tyler Eifert had in the pro bowl. The 6-8 week timeframe was BS from the get go.

This is my belief.  I think the surgery didn't go all that well and the ankle has subsequently gone bad.  Is AJ going to say this?  No way in hell.  It's easier to just to wait it out.  It'd be career suicide to reveal that it was a botched surgery or even perhaps he damaged some of the ligaments during his "setback".  I think it's pretty obvious he's not even close to playing yet.

Keep quiet, blame it on the swelling and wait to heal.  I think the Bengals will use this information to their advantage next season during contract talks, in which I do believe they will resign him for a team-friendly deal.  This could possibly play out in exactly the same fashion as the Antonio Bryant debacle.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: No talk of IR for AJ. Zac still confident he'll play this year. - 2MinutesHate - 12-05-2019, 05:10 PM