Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No talk of IR for AJ. Zac still confident he'll play this year.
(12-06-2019, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think AJ is shutting it down because the season is lost so much as he's shutting it down because the Bengals as a franchise are lost.  I still doubt his next team is going to hold it against him for putting them/himself/his next team/contract above the latest Mike Brown foray into futility.

It's just speculation, but crappy owners who can't or don't care to fill their stadiums hit all the owners in the wallet so I can't imagine Mike Brown and his habit of kicking back while the rest of the NFL drags him along resonates too well with the other owners.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see other owners getting upset that AJ Green might be hitting that nepotistic leech in the wallet for the sake of being 100% for his next team.

What needs to be said that hasn't already been said?  How many high profile Bengals players have left here on good terms during the Mike Brown era?  AJ would likely have gotten his arse in gear if MB and company could be bothered to put anything but the dead last worst NFL team on the field this year.  What's the point?  Why should he try any harder than the boss man?

Because if he can play, he's getting paid 15 million a year to do it. I don't give a crap what the record is or what the state of the franchise is. Neither of those matter when it comes time for Mike to hand him over his check which he does. 

Unless I'm mistaken and his contract states he only has to play when the Bengals are doing well and he agrees with everything management does.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: No talk of IR for AJ. Zac still confident he'll play this year. - R3stangs - 12-06-2019, 01:32 PM