Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else was conflicted during this game?
(12-09-2019, 01:11 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...who they will ruin.   Every quarterback the Cincinnati Bengals have drafted since Mike Brown took over has been a colossal bust. Carson Palmer was a winner everywhere he went until he got here. It took longer to ruin Andy Dalton, but the team and the coaches finally did it. What makes you think an elite quarterback will ever succeed in Cincinnati?

On the A Football Life episode, it mentioned how Plamer was close to being benched at USC due to poor play, but Norm Chow helped him to reach his potential.  Palmer has always needed a coach to help instill confidence, I think.  He also struggled at Oakland as well.  It wasn't until Arians got to him that he started doing well again.

I see what you are saying though.  Peyton Manning is the only QB I can think of that might have had enough mojo to actually implement some change here.  More likely, he would have wanted out after the 07 season.  

With that said, if this team can't build around Burrow, then I don't know what other option there is than to just shut the whole thing down.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who else was conflicted during this game? - Von Cichlid - 12-09-2019, 02:15 AM