Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's broken with this team in the Redzone ?
(12-09-2019, 01:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends what players they are putting out there.
You'd think it'd make sense to have Boyd, Eifert, and Mixon for sure.
Then add probably Tate (big target with mitts for hands, stud at TDs in college) and Ross (super quick separation, proved to be great RZ threat last year and also in college). Swap out Tate or Ross with Uzomah, an extra OL, or Bernard as needed.

Along with that, you also need to have well designed plays that can get the players open in shorter space.

That's the thing with me. Perhaps I'm wrong ? But it sure seems we get very vanilla most of the time. "Go out there men and line up in a standard set, run standard plays, cause that's all I've got". 

I'm not saying run a triple reverse every time we enter the redzone. But for crying out loud do something besides standard 5 step drops, runs up the middle and crap.

Mix it up with more motion, QB rollouts, two back sets, RB pitch and toss, something ! I mean if it's not obvious by now to ZT what we're doing in the redzone isn't working ???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's broken with this team in the Redzone ? - bengalfan74 - 12-09-2019, 02:36 PM