Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ's career franchise standings if he doesn't play this year
(12-09-2019, 04:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If AJ doesn't end up breaking all of Chad's franchise records, will that change anyone's perception of Green?

I've been on record always stating that Chad is the best Bengals WR of all time. Even as recently as this offseason, I believe.

AJ is great, but he's never been the best WR in the league at any given time, like Chad was for a few years there.

(12-09-2019, 05:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: It won't really change my perception of him, but it will really hurt his HoF chances.

I think even if he stayed healthy, he would have needed to either play for a more famous team, or win some SBs to get in because from a purely statistical standpoint, he wouldn't make the cut.

He's never led the NFL in receiving yardage, or even been in the top-3. He was 5th one year, the only time he cracked top-5. He's never made 1st Team All-Pro.

AJ has been a great WR and great guy during his career, but it is hard to be put among the best WR of all time if you can't even be the best WR of your time. Julio Jones will have over a 3k yard lead on AJ after this season, and they are always going to be compared to each other because of being picked 2 spots apart.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ's career franchise standings if he doesn't play this year - TheLeonardLeap - 12-09-2019, 05:59 PM