Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Wait Until the End of the Year Press Conference
As most of you know, and for those that don't, the Bengals always hold an end of the year press conference. It's usually Mike Brown and the coach recapping and giving their thoughts on the season. And it kind if serves as a "state of the Bengals", with questions and answers on the recent performance and plans moving forward. It's always carried live by 700 or 1530, and is often carried by the local tv stations.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO GET HERE!

I've been counting the days since about 0-6. I'm sure some will scoff at this remark, or find the need to somehow turn this statement into a negative. So be it.

This singular event will tell you more about the state of the team and what you may expect in the future than any other interview or statement made in the other 364 days in the year.

Keep in mind, the Front Office, and Mike especially, rarely if ever make themselves available to the media. As far as I know and can remember, Mike only publically interacts with the media 2 times a year: This press conference, and the Bengals "Turtle Soup" luncheon.

This year should be a must-watch/listen for fans. Like I said, you can learn a lot about how they respond and phrase their answers.

Will changes be announced? Will sincere frustration, apologies be made? Will plans be announced? How will they come off?

I just hope they learned their lesson from the disaster that was the press conference after 2010. Now is NOT the time to be defensive and patronizing. It's not the time to reference head-scratchingbstats like "We're 7th in the league in players drafted who are still on the team."

You may actually learn very little about their plans or changes, if they even have any in mind. But you'll learn a ton about how they view this team and their fans.

Look at all those empty seats, and then imagine how many season ticket holders and box owners are contemplating not renewing. This is a BIG deal.

So how will they respond? That's the million dollar question. And I can't wait to find out.

Get ya popcorn ready... this will be the most exciting thing they've offered up in months.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I Can't Wait Until the End of the Year Press Conference - Wes Mantooth - 12-11-2019, 04:29 PM