Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Wait Until the End of the Year Press Conference
(12-11-2019, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The real question is what would any of you say if you were in Mikes position?

I'll take a stab at that... (While this will read more like a speech, it could be broken and serve as seperate responses and statements typically made in a press conference)

Mike Brown (If it were me):

Look, let's be honest here... the results this season were not up to par. In fact, they were nowhere close to a success. We failed as a team, and we've failed our fans. This is unacceptable and we intend on fixing it.

We of course I understand the frustrations from our fans. Hell, any fanbase would be frustrated with these results. And we are frustrated too. I don't mean that to sound like a condolence, but only to say that we're in agreement that improvement needs to made.

I know many would like to hear specifics about how plans moving forward, and while I understand that need to know, we need to take time to thouroughly evaluate our organization and plan accordindly. This will not happen overnight, but will happen through the offseason. But be assured it will happen.

Let me say this: We intend to evaluate everything. From the top to the bottom. From our management, to our coaches, to our players, to our supporting staff. Every area will be examined, every avenue explored, and every resource used. Whatever we need to do to succeed and insure our success will be done.

I also understand that I've been viewed as somewhat adverse to change, and that is probably fair. But believe me when I tell you that if change means success then Im for it. Change is inevitable when fixing a 1-15 team. I don't plan on resisting it. There will be changes.

I wish I could unveil a master plan, and a succint easy fix but wont do that today. And I also won't ask for your patience or faith either. I can only offer that we will do eveything we can to make this right.

We owe our fans such a great deal. Cincinnati fans are the best in the world. We cannot thank you enough for your support. We intend on earning it moving forward.

As the offseason progress it is my belief that a clear plan will take shape. One we hope that our people can see and get on board with. We WILL be aggressive in our approach and we WILL make it known that we intend to win. That I can I promise.

Lastly, one thing I can briefly comment on is an event we are planning for this year.  This will be the inagural year of The Bengals Blast. It will a free, all weekend event hosted at PBS.There are many details to iron out but the gist of it is basically a fan fest. We will have numerous current and former players in attendance, along with a slew of a activities and entertainment. All proceeds from merchandise and signings will go to our community fund.

I know we have much to do to right this ship but please know we are trying, and will continue to try, to do everything we can. I thank you or your time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Can't Wait Until the End of the Year Press Conference - Wes Mantooth - 12-11-2019, 06:11 PM