Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?
I think he inspires actual hate in a very small minority. But mainly, I think he is just a figurehead for most. I don't think that most are "following blindly". I think they just don't care what he does. They have other issues that are important to them. For some, it is the impact of certain things on their revenue streams. For others, it is the abortion issue and stacking the courts. And others are interested in immigration issues, police issues, gun rights, small government, etc. Some people have multiple issues that he appeals to.

I don't think it is accurate or fair to size up all people who support Trump in a certain way that you group them as one-dimensional. This is what happens with extreme partisanship and the equal and opposite reaction to it from the other side. It makes it easier to shut them out and dismiss their arguments.

I think there is a frustration among people with one partisan view when they try to "reach" supporters of an opposing view with a message and they continually get shut out. And then the first party places blame squarely on the second party for their "inability to consider all of the facts" or "listen to opposing arguments", etc. Could it be that the first party might also share part of the blame in the way they deliver their message and their own attitudes in delivering? Personally, I think it takes two to tango.

I've written the above paragraph using generalities such as "one partisan view" or "supporters of an opposing view" on purpose. This is not a chastisement of one party or ideology. Rather, they all do this. And that is how we get to where we are, IMO.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Trump inspire hate from his followers? - Bengalzona - 12-12-2019, 11:48 PM