Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since 1995 the Bengals have 173 Wins...
(12-14-2019, 11:38 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes it is entirely about not wallowing in negativity.

Unfortunately it's a hard sell about positives in these parts.

So hard, that some posters feel it's necessary to dig deep and call those with skepticism absurd.

You can fuzzy math this stuff to death but the reality is Mike Brown's legacy is not one of success.

It might give us a glimmer of hope that he and his cohorts want to adapt to the modern NFL and not be stuck in their stubborn approach.

Instead we get the same ol' Mikey standing pat until he has to make some kind of change.

Drive this jalopy till the wheels fall off approach.  Not making fixes or adjustments to keep up with others in their division not to mention the whole league.

This team is like nothing else in my life.  Usually you stop using and buying bad products.  Yet my loyalty remains to the brand.

Of course I've stopped going to games and buying merchandise as the reality of how inept this organization is.

Nostalgia from childhood and time invested as a fan have what kept me hanging on.

So that being said there are SOB posters who believe if I harbor bitterness about the ownership that I'm playing "the victim" card.

To them I say you can ignore me and move along or more eloquently put...  PISS OFF !!

One would think that IF the Bengals would set their operation up to league standards/averages that they'd atleast have some playoff success and a SB appearance eventually.

Things like hiring a GM. Hiring league average amount of scouts. Using free agency to fill roster holes with higher quality guys.

I mean, if we're going to build through the draft, shouldn't we have more scouts?

Yet - This post usually elicits a reply of 'You don't need more scouts in this day and age with game film on tape.' Yet, other franchises ALL have more. So apparently you do.

But, there are some people who will just side with management.

You nailed it with the poor product comparison. This product is just extremely poor. I mean we're 1-12 this year. 1 win in 13 years...and there are people who think Taylor and Turner are doing a good job? As if 2 injuries destroy a season to the point where you have 1 win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since 1995 the Bengals have 173 Wins... - THE PISTONS - 12-14-2019, 12:41 PM