Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next season bring in new WR coach (and OC hopefully)
(12-16-2019, 11:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's blatantly obvious that we need moves at WR. Outside of Boyd and Tate...the rest can't be relied on.

Honestly, I'm not sure Taylor even likes Boyd.

Boyd has his moments but other times he seems uninterested. I think people in general want to believe their best players are leaders but I know through my experiences that this is not often the case. I think Boyd needs someone to push him and with Andy kind of on the outs and AJ not playing he lacks urgency and focus at times. No matter what Taylor thinks at this point, I don't know either way, they are a marriage that won't be ending anytime soon so they need to figure it out. 

Boyd would really benefit again from getting a vertical downfield threat lined up next to him when he is in the slot. Right now he is getting teams best Corner or safety help and if he could get isolated on #2 and #3 corners he'd be having a ton more success. I think Tate could actually be that guy, not based on speed but being the 50/50 vertical type guy, but if not they need to find one because Ross is not reliable enough to build the offense around. Honestly, I'd look to a guy like Robby Anderson in FA to be a perfect filler for that role, maybe even a Breshad Perriman if you are looking for something a little cheaper.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next season bring in new WR coach (and OC hopefully) - Au165 - 12-16-2019, 12:00 PM