Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next season bring in new WR coach (and OC hopefully)
(12-16-2019, 12:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah, I don't get it. They signed some 22 new free agents though and have 10 wins now.

Hard to criticize them too much.

Not always that easy. They have the 2nd worst strength of schedule in the NFL, now does that make them not good? Of course not. With a harder strength of schedule do they lose a couple more games? Probably. They were also a 9-7 team just two years ago, so a slight regression back with Allen as a rookie last year with a return to pre rookie Allen plus some to 10-6 wan't crazy. All that said sure they made efforts in FA but I don't directly attribute a ton of their success there outside of saying any improvement over their WR's last year was going to be better than what they had.

It's not "hard to criticize them" though as you say and here is why, the NFL is a league that changes in an instance. For example, next year their path with get exponentially harder on paper as they will play the NFC and AFC West. Add in the fact they will also get the Steelers, with Ben back, and the Titans and that is a MUCH harder schedule. It's important to make runs when the stars align, so that is why I point out that they should have made a bigger push to help Allen now, or even mortgage the future at the deadline, because next year they could easily be back under .500. This is kind of the whole issue of fans here a couple years ago when we had a shot and needed to sell out to make a run, your window can close fast so it's important to make a push when the timing is right.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next season bring in new WR coach (and OC hopefully) - Au165 - 12-16-2019, 12:36 PM