Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Bengal legend wants Burrow
(12-16-2019, 01:38 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Poor AJ McCarron did everything he had to do to lead us to a playoff win and somewhere between Jeremy Hill, the refs, Pacman and Burfict, it was painfully lost. If Hill hangs onto the ball, game over. The chaos that took place after that fumble I'll never fully understand. 

I know it's water under the bridge but AJ McCarron really rose to the occasion when Andy Dalton went down in 2015.  I was there when AJ threw that touchdown pass to AJ Green in the playoff game against the Steelers to put the Bengals ahead.  Rewinding back a few months further, I also remember the 2015 training camp where McCarron played lights out and pushed Andy Dalton to get better or lose his starting position.  While Andy Dalton is arguably the better quarterback of the two, McCarron had that confidence and "swagger" Dalton never had.  This is something you can't coach or teach; lots of great quarterbacks didn't have "it" but still succeeded. 

Among today's NFL quarterbacks only a few have "it."  Ben Roethlisberger has "it."  Patrick Mahomes has "it."  Lamar Jackson has more of "it" than anyone I've seen since Ken Stabler and Joe Namath.  I suspect Kyler Murray might have "it" too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Bengal legend wants Burrow - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-16-2019, 03:16 PM