Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ's career franchise standings if he doesn't play this year
(12-09-2019, 04:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As it stands, AJ Green is second behind Chad Johnson in receptions, receiving yards, and TDs in franchise history.

1) Johnson - 751, 10783, 66
2) Green - 602, 8907, 63 (149 behind, 1876 behind, 3 behind)

It was thought by many (especially myself) that AJ was going to play some this season such that he would break the TDs record this year and probably break the receiving yards record next year if he stayed. He also is about 2 full seasons away from the receptions record.

Now, there's a chance he doesn't even break the receptions and yardage records even if he does re-sign, as that could be for only 1-2 years.
The TD record should still be very feasible even if he only plays one more year though.

If AJ doesn't end up breaking all of Chad's franchise records, will that change anyone's perception of Green?

I remember people saying AJ breaking Chad's records was inevitable. Now it's looking unlikely. It won't change my perception of him much, but I never viewed him as being the GOAT Bengals WR over Chad. It's something he had to earn. IMO, this just goes to show how much some of the fan base took Chad and his career for granted.

He was great and durable, but his prime just faded fast once he hit 30. AJ is fading even faster, due to injuries which are probably due to age. Amazing guy though, and incredible when he was healthy. As for the HOF, AJ had a slim shot before the injuries. I think those chances are long gone now, barring a miracle turn around and a switch of teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ's career franchise standings if he doesn't play this year - Shake n Blake - 12-16-2019, 10:45 PM