Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ's career franchise standings if he doesn't play this year
(12-09-2019, 06:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: in before Chad had the better QB argument.

A legit one, but my belief remains. Chad was the better wideout.

Chad had arguably his best season with Kitna (2003).

(12-09-2019, 10:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: AJ has 0 shot at HOF. None.

He's had over 1078 yards 3 times in his career (9 years).

Julio Jones has been over 1400 yards 5 times! 5! And he's been over 1500 yards 3 times. And had 1871 yards. And he's still putting up big numbers. He had 1677 yards last year for instance.

AJ is vastly overrated by fans here. On his rookie contract, he was great. But, once he signed his 2nd contract he started to get injured A LOT.

The current standard among voters seems to be 13,000 yards for WR's. If you don't have at least that, you'd better have some rings.

In other words, AJ has a long way to go.

(12-11-2019, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you cherry pick the absolute best portion of Chad career ('02-'07) you could argue (a big stretch) that he was the best.

He was 2nd to Torey Holt in receptions (590 to 531) and yards (8078 to 8036).

He was 6th in tds (48) behind Moss (71), TO (70), Marvin Harrison (61), Holt (52), and Whines Hard (50).

But Chad's 15.1 per catch was better than any of those guys.  Among the top 25 in receptions Plaxico Burress is the only other player with an average over 15, but Chad had over 150 more catches than Burress.

BTW I had completely forgotten how great Torey Holt was.  For almost a decade (8 years from '00 to '07) he dominated.  He was number one in receptions averaging 94 per year.  He was number one in yards (over 1200 more than Harrison) averaging 1385 per year.  And he was 4th in tds.  For his career he is 9th in receiving yards per game and he is tied with 4 other WRs for most 1600 yard seasons (2).

Why isn't Torey Holt in the Hall of Fame?

Not sure how big a stretch that is. His numbers were among the best in the NFL over that stretch. You could make an argument that he was at the top. Certainly top 2-4. Very nearly #1 in yards, and #1 in YPC among the top WR's? Only Holt was ahead in all 3 categories.

As for why Holt isn't in the HOF? I guess he and Isaac Bruce (who also has phenomenal numbers) cancel each other out? Kind of a weak excuse, but I see that with MVP votes in the NBA all the time. Durant and Steph Curry supposedly canceled each other out. Shaq and Kobe.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ's career franchise standings if he doesn't play this year - Shake n Blake - 12-16-2019, 11:02 PM