Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
41 Straight 2nd Half Drives Without a TD
(12-17-2019, 01:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This years Bengals offense would be a very good case study on offensive ineptness and I'm not trying to be funny.

I'd love to see an in depth study into just what gives. For example the Oline was very bad first half of season, the go to excuse. Now they're playing at least a bit better but we still can't score ! WTF ?

Dalton was bad for the most part in the first half but had some decent drives/qtrs. But we still couldn't score. This team has had drives on offense moving right down the field like we finally are getting it together. Then we hit the red zone and fall flat on our faces !

I don't have an answer ?

When the bengals were coming around with our newly hired coach Marvin Lewis back in the day, this was common the first 3 seasons. The team would show life, but would come up short in the end. Unable to get that winning TD or unable to hold the opponents from scoring and losing the game.

My theory is this is mostly due to poor team chemistry and inferior players vs our opponents. Coaching is also part of it. Players don't have the respect of the coach to guide them and rely on the coach to make them believe they can win. Kinda like having the ability to win but lacking the self-esteem to win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41 Straight 2nd Half Drives Without a TD - Bengalitis - 12-17-2019, 02:42 AM