Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring On Miami and Cleveland Games
(12-17-2019, 03:44 AM)kevin Wrote: I agree Bengals are NOT better than their record and have NOT been losing on purpose for draft pick, that is last thing in players and coaches minds.  

I do think the Defense that was awful all 2018 and start of 2019 has improved under the coaching or whatever.  The Defense looks good for first time since 2017.  Now the offense still stinks.  However Miami and Cleveland are as bad as their records.   If Atkins, Dunlap, Dennard keep playing like they have second half of season, Bengals will finish 3-13.    

Actually, that would be a good thing if the Defense is back to playing good ball.  There are few draft rounds and if the Defense of Dunlap and others shows they are back to good ball,  we can focus draft on this awful offense. 

The Bengals Defense has been better than 2018.   You can see the Defense is better.  The problem is not only does the Offense not score, but they make many turnovers giving other teams free points which you can not blame on the Defense.   Our Offense is giving opposing teams more free points than the 10 some points a game they score for themselves.   Even pick 6's by Dalton and Finley every game.  Bengals offense scores more for the other teams than for themselves.   You take away all the offensive turnovers, and the Bengals Defense gives up few points.  It is Bengals offense giving up all the points and field position and games second half of 2019.  

So The Defense has turned it around from the Defense Disaster of 2018 coaching.   I think enough to beat Miami and Cleveland with Defense.   The offense could lose these games, but Mixon and Benard could have good games against them.   So 3-13 record is possible, thanks to the Defense playing better. If Dunlap and Company are flying to the ball as they have lately, Bengals win last 2 games.

As long as they don't throw the ball even one time they stand a chance. In fact, if the goal is to win just run the wild cat formation every play.. Get Tayveon Williams on the active roster as well and just use 3 backs on every stinking play..  Nervous  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bring On Miami and Cleveland Games - kevin - 12-16-2019, 02:58 AM
RE: Bring On Miami and Cleveland Games - grampahol - 12-17-2019, 04:36 AM