Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's "Best at Everything - Offense" - Joe Burrow
(12-18-2019, 11:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not saying do it or don't, but it's only 6 million more than what was tied up in him this year. Considering you'll be shedding 17 million in Dalton you still come away net 11 for next season.

(12-18-2019, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but look at the cap for next year. 
$60 mill without AJ Green.
Expect another $10-13 mill rollover.
So $73 mill.
Cutting/trading Dalton would result in ~$90 mill cap space.
Doing the same with Cordy Glenn would put the Bengals at ~$99 mill.

If AJ Green is tagged, it's expected to be about $18.5 mill according to OverTheCap projections.
That's a good chunk of change eating that available cap space for a player on the downside of his career, big injury risk, and could be used toward a different player actually entering his prime.
Sure, they would have enough to keep him if they wanted and still be active in FA but I don't see the Bengals actually having a chance to get deep in the playoffs in the next 1-2 years so why even bother with keeping Green?

If my understanding of it is correct AJ has made it pretty clear he doesn't want franchise tagged. I highly doubt any team out there is going to offer AJ top level money given his age and recent history.

Some team however would probably take a chance on a medium high prove it deal. AJ has stated and I believe him to a degree, he wants to stay in Cincinnati. Why wouldn't the Bengals just offer him a matching prove it deal ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF's "Best at Everything - Offense" - Joe Burrow - bengalfan74 - 12-18-2019, 12:41 PM