Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Will Be Better Than Both Bosa Brothers!
(12-18-2019, 02:37 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yup.  But draft chase young cuz Burrow let alone any other QBs is gonna get killed here while we continue to try and build our depleted roster while destroying our franchise qb.  Stockpile this team with the pieces they need before u bring in ur rookie franchise qb

Our Oline has protected Dalton very well the last 3 weeks, only giving up 3 sacks and 9 QB hits. Glenn coming back has definitely stabilized this line quite a bit. And Jordan is beginning to play well (he is a rookie, but he has made some really quality blocks in both the pass game and run game the last 3 games). Given Hopkins has kind of broken out this year, we only really need to worry about RG and RT.

With Jonah Williams coming back next year, he'll have LT or RT locked up. You can likely put Glenn at the other position. Or you can put Glenn at LG and draft a RT in the 2nd or 3rd round that would undeniably be an upgrade over Hart. That only leaves RG as a relative weakness. We got Miller, Price and a few others that could compete for that spot as well, which will ensure we don't have a complete loser there.

All told our offensive line is in better relative shape than fans give it credit for. I think the 10 straight weeks of Andre Smith and John Jerry at LT really made us fear the state of this Oline far more than we realistically need to.

It will be in decent shape during Burrow's rookie season (barring injuries of course) and will only improve from there.

Plus, he'll have Mixon and Gio to take pressure off of the pass game and he'll have Boyd, Ross, Tate and, likely, Green as targets.

I'm not worried about Burrow in this offense. And I don't think anyone else needs to be either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Young Will Be Better Than Both Bosa Brothers! - CJD - 12-19-2019, 09:09 AM