Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why? Please tell me why Dalton is starting...
I've been debating how to say this for awhile now. This thread is as good as any.
Dalton is starting because, well, it doesn't f***ing matter. No offense to the OP, but every time I start to read a thread about what can be done to make this team better, maybe if we draft burrow and address the OL in FA, maybe the draft will be better this year, etc etc

My heart sinks.

This FO isn't going to do ANYTHING substantive this offseason. It's not that they're deluded. They just don't care about winning. They care about the money, and making it with the least amount of fuss and bother possible. The ONLY game Brown cares about winning with even the slighteset degree of urgency is the Browns games. Maybe that's why Dalton is starting. To beat the Browns at least once.

Fred's posts about the moves the Bengals made a couple of years ago, and their average success rate no longer apply. Whatever ember there was to spark some kind of desire to win left with Marvin Lewis. Mike Brown is back with a vengeance, and the other family members don't appear to care enough to override him. Or maybe they're fully on board. Who knows? Maybe the snide comments about Katie's looks and the nepotism of the others have jaded them to point where they only care about the money?

All I can say is look at their actions.

Since Marv left, no coherent plan to build a team, no real action in FA, Ski trips during the trade period when the team could have stockpiled some picks for this offseason, just a bunch of utter bullsh** from them. And now Zac is throwing his team under the bus? At least Marv always said "WE have to do better"! Even when Marv was here, supposedly we build through the draft and retain our own. Where's Whitworth? Where's Zeitler? Where's Joseph (still playing at a high level)? Total nonsense. Always a hole left in the team to exploit. Looks deliberate to me. Sorry Centers for years. Linebacker corps sub par. Set up to fail?

Where does that leave me? Do I need to post in the Jungle Noise any more? Because I gotta tell ya. I'm bitter. No I don't enjoy it. I don't like being played, and that is what is happening here. I'm a fan of all Bengals fans. I'm a fan of all the players, and wish them the best. This goddamn family? Not so much. The staff (outside of Simmons). Not really. So, am I a fan of the Bengals anymore?

Maybe not. Becasue at this point, I just don't care. Start Dalton, start Dolegada, start me. Who GAF?

SHOW ME. If they show me something, maybe I'll care again. Otherwise, I'll probably lurk, seeing if there is any good news. Today, 12/19/2019, all I've got is venomous apathy... . Probably best if I don't post...

PS. Merry Christmas!
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why? Please tell me why Dalton is starting... - SladeX - 12-19-2019, 12:20 PM