Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why? Please tell me why Dalton is starting...
(12-19-2019, 12:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Firing Taylor after one horrible season won't affect attracting coaches because every coach knows that if you only win one game you are done.

The team has so turned off the fans that not firing Taylor is likely to be much worse than letting him go. It doesn't matter who they draft cause no one has any confidence that Taylor can coach.

There's no reason to believe Taylor will have an easier time finding good coaches this off season. He was turned down a lot last off season.

Compare Taylor to a coaching staff of Rivera as HC, Gruden as OC and Del Rio as DC. Now that would be a coaching staff that would bring instant credibility to the team and we'd see much better drafting, if the front office could stay out of the way.

I agree.  I'm operating under the prospect that ZT stays (because I'm almost sure he will) and the assistant coaches are fired.  Ideally, ZT would be supported by legit veteran assistants, but if we didn't get them in 2019 I'm not seeing why they'd want to show up in 2020.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why? Please tell me why Dalton is starting... - Nately120 - 12-19-2019, 02:01 PM