Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-20-2019, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd tend to agree with the lady on Facebook. I'd be curious to know the denomination of the pastor that made such an assertion.

As to the OP: Dude's entitled to his opinion, but is he saying Trump should be removed because he is not religious?

Baptist, if I remember right. I don't know the guy very well, outside of Facebook friend of a friend.

And I'm guessing this is going to garner the response of "that's not what I meant" but that that's your first response says a lot about my concerns over Christianity today. Of he's a Christian, it shouldnt really matter the denomination. A brother should be a brother. 

And, no, he was saying Trump shouldn't be called a Christian. And I'd agree. Nobody's perfect, but the idea is (basically) to try. Make an effort. Be nice to people. Promote charity (instead of stealing from it). Value peace. Offer love. Trump is as much a Buddhist as he is a Christian.

Just calling yourself something and then acting opposite of it doesn't mean you're the thing you're calling yourself. It's like saying "I'm a vegetarian who loves a good steak or some smoked ribs.... Hey, nobody's perfect, but I'm still a vegetarian."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - Benton - 12-20-2019, 05:41 PM