Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-21-2019, 01:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's just go with Benton and you have heard different teachings than I. I've heard endless sermons on what makes a good christian and how we should walk in the light; but I've never heard a teaching on how man should judge man.

Was the prostitute that Jesus stopped the stoning of deserving of man's judgement? Apparently Benton and you have heard teachings that lead you to believe that. I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just saying we've been taught differently and I pray your personally relationship with Christ is sound.  

Er, I am not a Christian. I don't think I have a personal relation with a mortal human who died almost 2000 years ago.

Nevertheless, I have heard/read many teachings purported to be Christian and which warn of "false prophets," and that entails judging people who claim to be Christian to be not really Christian.

One fellow named Paul did that frequently for Christians in the early churches, concerned to know who was really Christian and who was not.  He was not shy of judging other Christians' behavior--even to the "destruction of the flesh."  From 1st Corinthians:

It is actually reported that there is sexual immoralityam among you, and the kind of sexual immorality that is not even toleratedD among the Gentilesan—a man is sleeping with his father’s wife.ao And you are arrogant! Shouldn’t you be filled with griefap and remove from your congregation the one who did this? Even though I am absent in the body, I am present in spirit.aq As one who is present with you in this way, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who has been doing such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus, and I am with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, hand that one over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,ar so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. ashttps://biblia.com/books/csb/1Co4.21

Here Paul is pretty clear on "how man should judge man."

In any case, my points were neither an interpretation of nor a defense of proper Christianity, but observations on what is necessary to the maintenance of any group identity. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - Dill - 12-21-2019, 02:21 AM