Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020.
(12-21-2019, 03:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. They've started overpaying their own guys now like Bernard, Hart, etc.

Should have just paid Zeitler his $10 million a year.

It's not like we'll not retain AJ and sign a $12 million a year LB. And you know what? A lot of fans see guys like Mosely sign for big contracts and they are happy the Bengals didn't pay 'that much' for him.

We basically use that money and sign below average to bad guys like Miller and Hart.

Exactly.

It was hard to fault them for not re-signing guys like Zeitler because his contract was high like most guys who leave our team for the Browns.

However if you factor in what the Bengals are, and what they do, compared to the rest of the league...  now that is a different story.

Maybe they should overpay guys who have been solid to above average?

The reason being:

1.  Bengals will probably have to pay more than most teams for FA
2.  They barely do anything in outside FAs
3.  Relying mostly on draft picks but whiffing or getting project/backups

I myself am not going to condone backing the truck up for them if it was my team...  but it's not.

This is Mike Brown and his family with Tobin who is their favorite yes man.

So we can play pretend that we're some kind of methodical GMs, but the reality is who they are, and what they actually do.

It makes it really hard to be a fan when you realize it would take an act of God(or whatever you believe in)for them to be proactive instead of the usual sloth-speed-reactive form they embrace.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020. - BengalsRocker - 12-21-2019, 05:26 PM