Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas lights.
We always go all out on our house, however this year we have zero decorations (inside or out).

In September we had all of our giant oaks removed (her choice, not mine) and one of the limbs took out the end of the front porch. We fought with their insurance company for some time before getting our insurance involved. I'm happy to say we just got a check yesterday that covers the damage, but alas it is too late for lights this year. That bummed me out, as I was excited to see how they looked from down the road without the trees obscuring the view. My neighbor actually stated his wife has been complaining about our lack of decorations as she apparently loves the Christmas tree we put on the porch (the busted end). He said he keeps pointing out to her that the porch is busted up, but apparently she doesn't care as she was looking forward to it.

Nothing on the inside this year either, as we had construction start the first week of December for some renovations. The only rooms we have been able to use are the kitchen and bedroom, and even the kitchen was inaccessible for three days. Things won't wrap up for another week or so, but we now have the living room and dining room back. Still way too much left to bother with trying to decorate anything indoors either. The only consolation in all of this is that this year is basically the shortest holiday season possible, so we can only be bummed about the lack of decorations for a limited time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Christmas lights. - fredtoast - 12-14-2019, 08:58 PM
Christmas lights. - Storer50 - 12-15-2019, 02:10 AM
RE: Christmas lights. - HarleyDog - 12-15-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: Christmas lights. - reuben.ahmed - 12-15-2019, 03:28 PM
RE: Christmas lights. - Bengalzona - 12-15-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: Christmas lights. - XenoMorph - 12-16-2019, 02:54 PM
RE: Christmas lights. - grampahol - 12-17-2019, 03:43 AM
RE: Christmas lights. - reuben.ahmed - 12-17-2019, 01:43 PM
RE: Christmas lights. - fredtoast - 12-17-2019, 02:06 PM