Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan
(12-22-2019, 08:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I took the opposite tack from your post above, but, what you are saying makes sense.  And, Andy has been a class act from day one, suffering with dignity those idiots that booed him at a charity softball game.  I guess I can cut him a little slack.  So, point taken.

I get it...I want the top pick, not the 3rd.  I understand the notion of these games being meaningless, but I'm thinking ahead to Burrow playing here and us likely being a very not good team.  At what point to we start getting upset that Burrow is trying to win and wreck our 2021 draft pick?  Or is just that Dalton is old and didn't win a playoff game so we are happy to root for him to lose and get his loser ass out of here?

It's typical losing football.  You get a new QB and after he is no longer a new shiny object you start to resent him for the losses, sometimes for the wins.  It's just a shame seeing all 3 franchise QBs Mike Brown has had go down the same path of bitterness and disillusionment.  It just reminds me of a loser guy I know who would get dogs and not train them and get mad and say "Next time I'm gonna get a good dog!"

Dalton is like Old Yeller, except we are gleefully taking him out and getting rid of him.  Oh, cynical football! 

(12-22-2019, 08:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m just beyond ready to move on. Replacing Marvin only felt like half the job.

We replaced Marvin with a guy who is way worse than him, so I'm not sure how to take this in the context, here.  If the goal is to lose then replacing Marvin with ZT was a great move, to be sure.  It's just hard to get too pumped about this constant "replace and hope for the best this time, despite not changing what is wrong" mentality.  Welcome Burrow...good luck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan - Nately120 - 12-22-2019, 08:50 PM