Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan
(12-22-2019, 08:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll play devil's advocate here...Dalton is pissed that Bengals fans were rooting against the Bengals.  That makes sense to me...particularly since we complain when the players laugh or "don't care" when they lose.  We want players to get fired up and yell and scream and when one of them calls us out for rooting for a loss we should at least say "He's right, but the NFL rewards losing so meh."

I don't see how you can be mad at Dalton for saying this.  I know the "real fan" label is a bit of a message board bs sort of argument, but he's calling fans out for being happy we lost.  I get his perspective and I think it's a little unfair that we scream and cry for players who WANT TO WIN and then would dare to get upset when a player who WANTS TO WIN calls us out for not WANTING TO WIN.  Let's be honest, every single win we've had since 1988 has done nothing but wreck our draft position.  What has winning gotten us?  5 straight 12th place finishes that immediately scuttled that year's draft pick.  Ouch.

Just playing devil's advocate.  Dalton is going to get to go play for a franchise that is trying harder to win now....unless Matt Stafford retires.

EDIT - There is also a decent chance that we are going to be doing a lot of losing next year, so hopefully if/when Burrow is still trying to win even though we're out of the running we won't be furious about it.

I prefer players who are capable of winning not ones that just talk about it. This guy has shit is pants too many times under pressure.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan - I_C_DeadPeople - 12-22-2019, 10:48 PM