Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan
(12-22-2019, 09:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin was actually 0-2 before Dalton. One loss with what was essentially Jon kitna in 2006, and one that was with Palmer in 2010.

In the four playoff losses, Dalton was clearly one of the biggest reasons in all of them.

Granted. Marvin was also an atrocious big game coach. But Dalton was clearly not the solution either.

I wasn't wrong when I said Marv was 0-3 with different QB's. You must be leaving out the 2015 game with McCarron.

I look at the fact that all 4 QB's were terrible, and it makes me wonder if that's just coincidence. Say what you will about Kitna, but he was a passable QB who lit the Steelers up in the first half before melting down in the 2nd. Palmer was abysmal with a 58.3 passer rating in his full start. McCarron had 3 turnovers and was completely stonewalled for more than 3 quarters. It was easily his worst start filling in for Dalton.

Marvin was an atrocious big game coach, yet you don't think he or his conservative schemes played into all 4 QB's playing terribly in those situations?

I'm all aboard the Burrow train, but there's a LOT that goes into a 30 year streak without a playoff win, or 0-7. Blaming it all on 1 player is wishful thinking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan - Shake n Blake - 12-22-2019, 10:58 PM