Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan
(12-22-2019, 10:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wasn't wrong when I said Marv was 0-3 with different QB's. You must be leaving out the 2015 game with McCarron.

I look at the fact that all 4 QB's were terrible, and it makes me wonder if that's just coincidence. Say what you will about Kitna, but he was a passable QB who lit the Steelers up in the first half before melting down in the 2nd. Palmer was abysmal with a 58.3 passer rating in his full start. McCarron had 3 turnovers and was completely stonewalled for more than 3 quarters. It was easily his worst start filling in for Dalton.

Marvin was an atrocious big game coach, yet you don't think he or his conservative schemes played into all 4 QB's playing terribly in those situations?

I'm all aboard the Burrow train, but there's a LOT that goes into a 30 year streak without a playoff win, or 0-7. Blaming it all on 1 player is wishful thinking.

I’m certainly not blaming it all on one player, I never said it was all on dalton. And I actually agree that Marvin was an atrocious big game coach.

But Marvin wasn’t the one out there throwing picks, missing wide open receivers, fumbling during a slide, etc. Conservative, scared game planning aside, turning the ball over and missing open receivers is all on the QB

Bottom line, Marvin and Andy both proved over and over they weren’t made for the bright lights. Neither were Kitna or McCarron... who knows how Palmer would have been had he never had his knee ripped to shreds. I still believe that broke him mentally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan - Pat5775 - 12-23-2019, 12:35 AM