Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan
(12-23-2019, 12:35 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’m certainly not blaming it all on one player, I never said it was all on dalton. And I actually agree that Marvin was an atrocious big game coach.

But Marvin wasn’t the one out there throwing picks, missing wide open receivers, fumbling during a slide, etc. Conservative, scared game planning aside, turning the ball over and missing open receivers is all on the QB

Bottom line, Marvin and Andy both proved over and over they weren’t made for the bright lights. Neither were Kitna or McCarron... who knows how Palmer would have been had he never had his knee ripped to shreds. I still believe that broke him mentally.

Palmer played/started for 14 years following that injury.  He played with a torn elbow longer than he should have in 2008, he snapped his donor acl in 2014, and there were times in 2015 when he and the Cardinals were having a great year when it seemed like he was playing too hard (guess he figured he was nearing the end, anyways).  For what it's worth, he didn't really seem to shy away from the game itself so much as trying to deal with Mike Brown.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan - Nately120 - 12-23-2019, 01:13 AM